- Straightforward easy-to-use listings, ideal for collectors who do not require more specialist information, such as watermark, perforation or shade changes
- Illustrated in colour throughout
- Universally recognised Stanley Gibbons numbering system
- A full listing of stamps of the world, including definitives, commemoratives, miniature sheets, postage dues, official stamps and other special purpose postage stamps
- With clear colour illustrations and the design of each stamp accurately identified, this is the perfect catalogue for the thematic (topical) collector
- All volumes published simultaneously for your convenience
Detailed Contents/Countries Covered
The Stamps of the World Simplified Catalogue lists commemoratives, definitives, air-mails, postage dues, official stamps and miniature sheets.
All stamps have the universally recognized and individual Stanley Gibbons (SG) catalogue number and are set out according to date of issue of the stamps, by country.
Extensive re-pricing of the following countries since the previous edition:
- Great Britain
- All Commonwealth and British Empire Countries for the period 1840-1970
- Nearly 18months of new issues, listed and priced
Pricing and updates from the following catalogues; Channel Islands and Isle of Man, Indianj Ocean, Italy and Colonies, New Zealand, Australia and Dependencies and Portugal and Colonies
In addition, all new issues for all countries received since the previous edition are listed and priced.
The first Catalogue Supplement to this volume appeared in the August 2022 of Gibbons Stamp Monthly.